Vents in the air cleaner

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vents in the air cleaner
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 08:39:51 -0400
Sorry for the repost, but I didn't get an answer to my primary question.

"I am in the process of allowing a little more air into my ZS carbs.  The
stock cover for a 250 is a bit restrictive but I want the stock look.  My
solution is to cut a vent on the bottom side of the air cleaner housing
near the rear carb.

I am aware that many of your 6's have a hole here and would like to match
this.  Would someone be willing to measure the size and exact location of
this bottom hole and email the dimensions to me?

TIA for any and all help."

Thanks again,
Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250