Jack Stand Safety

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jack Stand Safety
From: "Jerry Shaw" <jcs104@home.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:54:50 -0400
Hi

Just got a covey of jackstands and read the warnings.

This seems like a no-brainer, but I'd prefer not getting pinned under my
TR6. I'd much rather be driving it.

Any advice on how to use jackstands safely? And how do people support all
four corners at once? I've seen some with home made bracing to couple them
together.

Also, what's the key to jacking up TR6's without dinging the frame..are
pieces of  flat steel stock used as pads?

Jerry Shaw