Re: magic clutch

To: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>, <bthomlin@smith-cameron.ca>
Subject: Re: magic clutch
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:43:34 -0400
Jim,

The sleeve in question had the anti spin pin.   The squeal is a minor
irritant; the real problem is that, a the present rate,  the Toyota bearing
will eat through the pressure plate spring fingers in less than 25,000
miles.  See photo at following link showing wear after 5,000 miles.  It sure
looks to me like the stationary bearing is rubbing against the pressure
plate spring fingers.   IMHO the solution is to either make the bearing spin
with the pressure plate or stop it from rubbing against the pressure plate.

http://www.nextek.net/BuckeyeTriumphs/ToyotaRB/ToyotaRB.htm.

Nelson Riedel
Granville Ohio
'68TR250, '70TR6, '76TR6