Re: lower trunion bolts

To: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>,
Subject: Re: lower trunion bolts
From: Jeff Johnson <mondolux@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 21:42:16 -0400
Walt,
Most trunnion bolts that I've seen do not readily want to come out.
Something about galvanic reaction or whatnot. Resort to A big hammer- the
bolt will need to be replaced anyway- when it gets to the suspension
bushing, get a persuader of the same diameter and have another go at it
with the BFH until it pops thru. Failing that, get an oxy-acetylene torch
and burn the bushings along with the bolt out-my favorite way of dealing
with recalcitrant parts.
I've not seen a way to lever it out. Happy times!

Jeff Johnson
''76 TR6 BTDT