Re: Choke cable mods for SU HS6 installation?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Jerry Shaw" <jcs104@home.com>
Subject: Re: Choke cable mods for SU HS6 installation?
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@covad.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:09:00 -0400
Jerry:

I was able to reach the aft side of the front carb with the one designed for
the front, but the back didn't reach. I simply stowed the one that didn't
reach up against the  housing of the one that did by covering with a piece
of black heat shrink that went around both housings also I was able remove
the lightly pressed in SU tube(cable recepticle)and then the ferrule was a
nice fit, of course you won't discard that tube because if the ferrule
cracks or comes off of the cable housing then you could reinstall the tube
and use it. I don't know if your setup has the cross over linkage connecting
the two choke cams but on my setup the front will drive the back(something
else to syncronize). I bet they look nice! keep us posted.

Brooks
Atlanta Ga
74 & 76 TR6
76 Spitfire