Re: rebuilding ZS carbs

To: kenjdavis@home.com, 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rebuilding ZS carbs
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:56:07 -0400
  Ken, first thing to do is check out the Buckeye Triumphs tech section
and the ZS rebuild (parts 1, 2 and3) They're at
  http://www.nextek.net/BuckeyeTriumph/
 I just went through this last weekend. Get the full rebuild kit (with
the throttle shafts and plates). Also get a set of needles, dashpot
0-rings,  and throttle bypass valve diaphrams. Maybe you don't need all
this, but my first rebuild last winter didn't turn out as nice as I'd
expected. I just did it again and this time went through everything (on
a spare set of carbs that were actually a mess). The 6 now runs better
than ever!! Also check all the parts in your rebuild kit as soon as you
get it.Usually they contain lots of pieces you don't need for your
particular application, and short change ya on a couple you do!! I was
missing one throttle bypass gasket and both carb to manifold gaskets
(the ones with the front vent cut-out). Fortunately, I had some extras
from the first rebuild kit. (I'm just starting to understand why the
first rebuild wasn't so good...............hmmmm....) It seems all the
kits from different suppliers contain different amounts of parts. Good
luck. And I wish to thank the good folks at Buckeye Triumphs for
providing their great technical section on their website. What a help
that was!!!
      Happy Motoring,
 Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod British Car Club
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/

the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the
cheese.........8^)