Trailing Arm Bushings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailing Arm Bushings
From: "John Zimmerman" <JohnZimmerman@vandorndemag.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:01:18 -0500
Good morning,
The old bushings are out of the trailing arms and everything is cleaned up.
Are there any tricks for installing the new bushings.  The ones I got are the
uprated ones from Moss.  I seem to remember an old posting about heating the
bushings in boiling water to make them softer before installation.  Also, what
is the best lubricant to use when installing them?  Is an anti seize compound
OK ?  I will be doing this job in the garage with a large c-clamp. I'm
lookingforward to getting the body back down on the frame as soon as a few more
odds and ends are taken care of.  Any info and or hints will be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you,
John Z