FW: Rear shock conversion

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Rear shock conversion
From: "Pim Alferink" <fam.alferink@zonnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:34:14 +0100
Some two weeks ago, I posted a question with respect to the conversion of
the rear shocks.
The response I got was from people who wanted to hear what response I had,
since they were interested in a conversion as well, and two comments that
conversion with the Moss setup appears to be best.

Since more people appear to be interested, I ask again:
With the conversion kits, the original shocks disappear and therefore, also
the shock-lever/arm that restricts the downward movement of the rear
suspension. How has this "problem" been solved in the cars of the listers
with rear shock conversion?

In view of the above, I believe it is best to leave the old shocks where
they are and to install the new Koni shocks inside the springs (as
additional shock absorbers). Does any of you have experience with such a
design?

Your comments are highly appreciated.
Pim,
Pimento CF1362U (now O)