Is this screwy or what?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Is this screwy or what?
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 12:52:15 EST
All

I just installed my Christmas present into my '74 TR6. It is a new CD/Radio
combo. It works fine except it cuts off every time I shift gears. Actually it
cuts off when the car is in neutral???? To my knowledge there is no
electrical sensor or anything electrical in the shifter to indicate that the
car is in neutral???

There are 3 electrical wires to the radio.
1) the ground. I hooked to a screw in courtesy light mount
2) the continuous power connection to the brown wire off the ignition switch
3) the switched  connection (and this may be my problem) to the heater fan
lower connection.

Anybody have any answers?

Later
Ken Nachman