Welded Diff Mount

To: "6 Pack Digest" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welded Diff Mount
From: "John Phillips" <TR6@vigoris.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:00:53 -0600
Frank

I took my 6 to a shop to have the diff mount repaired.  They just welded it.
The weld held, but the surrounding metal was weakened by the welding
process, so it broke again.  Welding the support plates on the sides of the
bracket to add needed strength is the only way to go.

When I did mine I dropped the dif and tailored the car to have the repair
done since I don't weld.  The cost was nominal for the welding.

John Phillips, Claremore, OK
Green Country Triumphs & Jaguar Enthusiasts Club
76 TR6 CF51655   89 XJS Convertible
 http://www.greencountrytriumphs.com/