Re: Odometer; radio

To: jmonette@together.net (John and Janet Monette)
Subject: Re: Odometer; radio
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 16:34:48 -0800 (PST)
John M.---I found  many speedo repairs by going to "search". I used one
of these shops about 50 miles from me several years ago, when a
neighbor's '69TR was registering 140 in first gear. While the speedo
came back working as a new one would, they "lost" the short reset cable
that accompanied the unit, and would not make good on it. This wasn't
noticed until the $100 check was cashed by the shop. If you send your's
out make mention of this cable, or simply don't send it.
Not that I think this is a good solution, or even that it will always
work, but my odometer also quit working, temporarily.    (It stalled
right on 90,000, but had been around twice.) It was out of service for
only a day, then started to work again, after "resetting" the trip meter
a few times. This happened about six months and 5,000 miles ago, and
hasn't failed again, yet. Worth a try??  If you send it out for repair,
tell them in advance that it's a "Smiths" out of an English car. Only
then can they estimate the cost and turn-around time.

Many of our listers have swapped out their original radio for something
better. I'm sure you'll get replies on this.

Dick T.
'73