RE: Halogen headlamp upgrade

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Halogen headlamp upgrade
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:25:25 -0700

I would highly recommend reading the info at
<http://www.team.net/sol/tech/light-up.html> for some insights into auto
lighting. Halogen is one thing but what I think you really want are E-code
lights (that's E for European). Read the article and you'll see what I mean.

You can get halogen lights without the E-code reflectors and lenses and
these are nowhere near the same as the E-code versions. Luckily, TR6s (and
250s) all use a common 7" round E-4 headlight available in most auto parts
stores. ie -- they are not specific to british cars.

The pilot lights are probably what is also referred to a "side" lights.

HTH

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO