Comp. prep manual question

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Comp. prep manual question
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:54:42 -0500
 Greetings folks,
                         I'm wondering if anyone knows the reasoning for
the specs on the "dummy pushrod" tool outlined in the TR6 Competition
Prep Manual. After having a friend make up one of these and using it the
other night, the 1/2" o.d. allows it to sort of just flop around inside
the lifter while trying to get the readings off the dial indicator when
dialing in the cam. Is this intentional for some reason I can't
understand or have others simply made the o.d. slightly larger to steady
it a bit better ??  TIA
Kevin
CF55588U......O
one more afflicted with shipwrights disease......   :-)