DIN radio follow-up

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: DIN radio follow-up
From: "Mark Creamer" <mcreamer@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 00:19:40 -0500
Hi all,
Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions on installing my radio. After
reviewing all the options, and taking into account my limited experience
with such things, I elected to buy a Dremel and take advantage of all the
other cool stuff I can do with it. Installation has gone very well.

A question regarding the wiring. The receiver requires an accessory lead to
run from the unit to the battery terminal. This is for memory for the clock,
station presets, etc. Then there is also of course the hot lead (red wire)
which goes to the ignition switch (I think). Now - the old radio would not
operate unless the key was turned to accessory. With this new one, it works
without the key on at all. What do you think? Classic rookie installer
error, or nature of the beast?

One other thing. The good folks at Crutchfield www.crutchfield.com gave me
several $25.00 off coupons to give to my friends to introduce themselves. If
anyone is considering buying anything they sell, let me know. I'll be glad
to save you some money. Send me an email privately if interested.

Thanks again, everyone. A very nice result once I get the power question
resolved.

Mark Creamer
76 TR6
CF53032UO