Electrical problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical problems
From: Mark Mallinson <mark.mallinson@analogsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 10:56:21 -0800
Hi Readers,
I am having problems tracing an electrical problem with my 76 TR6. The
bottom line is that my headlights don't work. I suspect that I may have
screwed up when I replaced the wiring harnesses following a body off
restoration last winter. (they did work before I stripped down the car)
My problem is this. Few of the wiring color codes that appear in the
Haynes manual match  what I see for both the column main beam/ low beam
switch and the 3 way light switch on the dash. Ummm...OK, find the wires
that do match the color code and connect these to each switch as per the
manual and this will fix the problem. Nope,  the wiring for the column
switch was never removed and  bares no resemblance to what is shown in
the manual. So, I conclude that my problem is either of two things.
Firstly, the electrical schematics in the Haynes manual are wrong. 2)
The previous owner replaced some of the wiring and used whatever wiring
was available.
Is it the case that the guys at Haynes did a very poor job of the wiring
Schematics. Should I buy Dan Masters Electrical manual and use this
guide instead?
Mark M

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mark.mallinson.vcf]