Re: Accelerator Bushings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accelerator Bushings
From: TR6GREG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:24:53 EDT
John, I did the same as Shane with the bushings on my car when I replaced
them... an added little detail is that if you make the cut a scarf type of
cut (ie, at a 45 degree angle) to the circumference of the bushing, and
install the bushing with the cut at the bottom, you will never see the cut,
unless of course you're looking for it.  You need to use a razor blade or an
X-ACTO knife to do the job, and this will make a very fine, precise cut which
makes it very hard to detect.  Heating the bushings in hot water helps the
process...  HTH

Greg Donegan
72 TR6
Hebron, KY