Re: poly bushings lube

To: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Subject: Re: poly bushings lube
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:47:50 -0700 (PDT)
Bob---You didn't mention if it was the front or rear bushings that
squeeked. If it was the rears, it might be that the nut&bolt that goes
thru your trailing arm bracket(s) is tighter than need be. If you're
using a nylon locknut here, it's only necessary that it be snug, to keep
things in place, as drawing this nut up can sometimes set up a high
friction point as the arm pivots, even with the poly.

Disassembly and coating the bolt and bushing with heavy wheel bearing
type grease keeps mine from squeeking. I did this about 5 years ago. So
far, so good.

Up front I squirt used brake fluid on the  upper and lower A-arms about
once a year, or any time I have these parts exposed. This has also
worked for me on the rear bushings, but only seemed to last a short
time, till I did both the loosening of the nylon nut(s) along with the
w.b. grease bit.

Dick T.
'73
L.A.