Re: trouble with the wiring

To: TomRJade@aol.com
Subject: Re: trouble with the wiring
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 22:33:25 -0400
Tom,
The condition you describe happened to me when I was putting CF38690
back together after an engine rebuild. My problem was that the wires
were incorrectly connected to the oil pressure switch. Note that the
switch has the terminals labeled *p*, *s* and *i*. Make sure the ground,
or black wire is connected to the *p* terminal. The white/purple wire
should go to the *i* terminal and the white brown wire goes to the *s*
terminal. That should do it. At least it fixed my problem, which was
exactly as you described, except that my anti-run on switch is still in
place.
Hope this helps,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA