Re: Underfelt and Carpeting Questions

To: 6 Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Underfelt and Carpeting Questions
From: Kendall Larsen <kjlarsen@puc.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 23:52:07 -0700
Don,
   Just about a year ago I was in the same stage as you with the thick
carpet underfelt from Moss. As far as the sills underneath the doors are
concerned. I felt (no pun intended :)  that the strips provided were to tall
so I just used a sharp knife to trim (an inch?) a bit off of it so the
carpet wouldn't look unnatural at the top part that you see. And my handiest
piece of advice to offer is: To create holes for the carpet snaps that will
be neat, clean looking, and easy to make.... Take a pipe with an 1-2 inch
diameter (preferably thin walled such as conduit) and cut off a 4 inch
length or so (just so it will be easy to hold) and then sharpen one end on a
grinder. Now you have a nifty hole puncher for the thick, cumbersome
underfelt. Just mark your spot place a block of wood beneath the felt; give
the hole punch a good whack with the hammer, presto. Hope this helps you
out.

Kendall
74 1/2