Intake manifold-EMERGENCY!!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake manifold-EMERGENCY!!
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@psu.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:05:38 -0400
Everybody, I've got a bit of a problem that needs to be fixed QUICK.  I am
trying to put my car back together for the summer driving season.  I am
installing a new header and the intake manifold on my car makes contact
with this header, and therefore the intake can't seat fully onto the head.
I am trying to figure out if a later manifold (part no. 311378) will fix
the problem.

Here's the situation: I have a 71 car, manufactured in December 70.  It has
intake manifold with part number 308088.  This manifold is for cars with
early cylinder head port spacing (all cars manufactured up to CC75000 had
this head).  In 1971, another intake manifold was fitted to these early
TR6s, it was part number 311378.  Could anyone with an early model year TR6
(pre CC75000) check their manifold and see if they have the 311378 part
number on it, PLEASE!!  There will be a Stanpart logo cast into the
manifold, along with another designation which is a V followed by four
numbers.  Then, somewhere on the manifold, there should be a 311378,
possibly with some other numbers before and after.

If you have this manifold on your car, PLEASE EMAIL ME.  This is vital, I
need to get my car running in the next week because it will be my daily
driver and I have to report to my internship next Monday.  Thanks everyone.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6