Tall drivers, seat position

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Tall drivers, seat position
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:59:28 -0700 (PDT)
Just another idea to consider for those who are looking for more leg
room in their TR6.   While at 6'0 the seat position will go back far
enough for me to get good pedal comfort, I never liked having to cock my
knee towards the dash support when going from the gas pedal to the
brakes. If I didn't, my thigh would hit the steering wheel. To get
around this, I spaced the wheel out two inches from its original
mounting, using (3) aluminum blocks, and reattached the wheel using
bolts that were two inches longer than original. While the horn is now
"recessed," and the horn button pad had to be modified into sections,
the overall comfort and convenience of coming from gas to brake more
than makes up for this.

Those who drive with the seat all the way back also know that this
severely limits the angle of recline. Moving the rails back will
certainly give more leg room, which maybe of more importance than this
angle adjustment.

Dick T
'73