tr6 electric fan conversion

To: "'6 Pack List'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: tr6 electric fan conversion
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:52:06 -0600
Listers,

I am about to take my 76 TR6 rad in to a shop to have a couple of fittings
brazed on. One fitting is for a drain tap (the later cars did not have this
from the factory) and the other fitting is for a BMW temp switch. My rad is
the one which has the lower hose attachment on the rear passenger side (of a
LHD car). My intention is to have the two new fittings added on the rear
driver side of the rad's lower tank.

Can anyone foresee a problem with this location?

Also, does it make sense to put the drain tap towards the middle of the rad
(ie. switch on the outside) or the switch towards the middle (ie. drain tap
on the outside)?

Any suggestions from those who have been there and done that greatly
appreciated. (My fan is a pusher which will mount on the front of the rad so
clearance on the back of the rad is not an issue).

PS. if you are only getting this via the triumphs list and wish to respond,
please reply to my email also as I am not currently subscribing to that
list. Thanks!

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO