RE: Different Brake Trouble

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Different Brake Trouble
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:04:16 -0400
Kendall;

I had about the same problem 3 years ago  where I had rebuilt the master
cylinder and found it to be leaking past the seals. I thought about having
it sleeved by a professional such as Apple Hydraulics or White Post
Restorations but when I got the quote I was stunned by the amount- over
$120. My dilemma was over a short time later when I found that I had lost
the cap to the reservoir and  could not buy the  reservoir as a separate
item from the master cylinder. I sourced a new master cylinder  complete
with new reservoir from Rimmer Bros (UK) at a very attractive $125. Still
looks good and works great.

It's nice to save money, but a lot of times with older vehicles, it's best
to save the headache of a rebuild that may or may not take and just buy new.

My $.02

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6