synthetic oil

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: synthetic oil
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:28:34 EST
I was wondering if many of you use a synthetic oil rather than a fossil fuel
oil in your cars.  I recently was told not to use synthetics unless I wanted
to see most of it on my driveway in a few days, as they contended that it
will leak profusely through any small oil leak(s) that TR6 owners usually
experience.  The previous owner of my car apparently used regular oil
(Castrol 20-50), but also used one quart of synthetic with the regular oil.
He lived in Arizona and I assume he thought the addition of synthetic would
help lower operating temperatures in the hot driving temps of Tuscon.   Is it
advisable to mix regular and synthetic oil?
                                                                 Redtriumph
TR6  (Bob Pierson)