Re: Compressor and Welder Amperage

To: wdwhitmoyer@sprintmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compressor and Welder Amperage
From: McVintage@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:54:35 EST
In a message dated 2/18/00 5:12:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wdwhitmoyer@sprintmail.com writes:

<< I'm running a few electrical lines to my garage, so I'm going to run a 240
 volt line for later use.  I do my work the old-fashioned way now (Ie no air
 tools), but will eventually get a compressor and maybe even- someday- a
 welder.  How many amps does a good compressor or electric welder pull?

sorry, I don't have the answer to your question - but I have one other
consideration you might want to keep in mind: how many things you
want to run at once.
I recently added an oven to my garage (for home powder coating) and
find I cannot run my air compressor (5hp) while the oven element is on
- a minor inconvenience, but something I would avoid if wiring another
location.
Cheers
Jack Mc